About Me

My photo
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
I am a smart mouthed, tell it like it is southern chick. I love and hurt like everyone else. Take me as I am or get on outta here! I have two wonderful children, One large man child husband, and two furbabies. I'm existing, hopefully soon to be living once the brain tumor I have is removed. Anything you want to know, e-mail me!

Sunday, May 8, 2011

So, I know it's been a while...

 (Thank you ladies at SMG for the graphic)




There has been a lot of back and forth and this and that on the surrogacy front and I decided in the end I was not willing to work with Dr. Pabon, to which M & L were willing to switch RE's, they were ok with 2 embryos but they were not ok with not doing PGD, so I opted out. I was going to go with a couple with Angel Matchers and it seemed everything was perfect, but when I went to the appointment I found out they hadn't even been screened, that I'd have to do a mock cycle, then wait TWO months before the actual syncing of cycles with the IM and then start cycling again. I'm not up for medicating my body that much for one, and for two why wait for two freaking months and three IM was pushing to get this moving. I had no idea they hadn't been approved, or screened. Wouldn't it make sense for them to make sure they can do it before they worry about a surro??? Honestly! Plus they wanted to do the mock with no contract. No thanks. I feel bad for the IP's but I wasn't fully informed on everything.
I am going to meet with a set of IP's Tuesday with OAC and this couple has already used a surro once through OAC for their daughter, so this would be a sibling project using frozen eggs. It will be with a clinic in Miami, though not the first one I used with Ackerman. The thing about this is I don't need to sync up with anyone. After the meeting Tuesday I will get an appointment to go to Miami and get what little screening I need done since all my testing is only 2 months old, get a calendar and get the show on the road. All this is only if we match. Of course contracts will come after the testing in Miami. So...

Onward forward, my Mom has been in the hospital for a week. She was having issues, lots of them and since people I don't really know all that well read my blog, we'll just say it's bad. Yesterday was particularly bad as I went and saw my Mom and I believe she had a small stroke because she didn't know who I was. She can't talk, but she has eye movements. But it felt like my heart was being ripped out yesterday when she didn't know who I was. I went today and saw her and she knew who I was and can shake her head yes or no in acknowledgment, but still no talking. I read her, her mothers day card and we both started crying because it was very sentimental. She's always been my best friend and confidant. This is very tough for me and I am hoping that she recovers. But I did get a hug and that's enough to know she cares.

Today is also Mother's Day as well all know, so I'm gonna post what I got from my kiddo's and hubby. It also happens to my 2nd year anniversary with my husband, but we are going to have to celebrate that in 2 weeks once money is a litte better. (He got a big fat raise at work!)


The top is the front and inside of the card from my Daughter and the home made picture too :)





And the same from my son, front, inside and home made picture-



And lastly, my husband made me french toast, his first time ever making it, with a receipe I gave him LOL





Man was it good, but I got full quick so I only ate about half of it. Not bad!

Anyway, that's my little update for now. I will pay more attention to my blog once things settle down. Between my Mom, Dr. appointments, School, kids and everything else going on.