About Me

My photo
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
I am a smart mouthed, tell it like it is southern chick. I love and hurt like everyone else. Take me as I am or get on outta here! I have two wonderful children, One large man child husband, and two furbabies. I'm existing, hopefully soon to be living once the brain tumor I have is removed. Anything you want to know, e-mail me!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Everything Happens for A Reason..

I do my best to think like this all the time, and preach it when I'm giving advice. I live by it and refer to it. I believe in. It wasn't until I was laying in bed this morning thinking deeply about the upcoming holidays that it occurred to me, just how true this saying really, truly, is. I had bought a car last year and had issues with the car company, got behind on my payments yada yada. It took them forever to find the car and it was the week before we were to leave for Jacksonville to go visit Thomas' Mom for Christmas, that they finally did. I was tee totally pissed that they took the car (obviously) but I knew they were going to to eventually get it back, it was just the way they did it was completely illegal. Anyway, besides that point, we wound up not being able to go to Jacksonville. Had that not happened, I would not have gotten to spend last Christmas with my Mom, which was her last Christmas. I didn't know it was going to be here last Christmas at the time. The point is, that repo happened when it happened to keep us from leaving town for Christmas. It was God's way of telling me I needed to be here. It happened, for a reason. A good reason.
I know when we go through things in life, we whine and moan and groan about the bad things, but it seems that it's all a plan set up for us. Not necessarily a plan we all may like at the time of the events, but they are all happening for some reason, something coming up and we just don't know what that is or why it's happening. There are still a lot of things I look up to him and ask "why" about. A few particular things come to mind and I fathom them, and think of why they happened, and a few things, I can't gather the reasoning. Then I realize that I'm still here, still walking, still have food to eat, running water, clean clothes, warm bed, roof over my head and kids heads and electricity and try to not to let it get any further than that first why.
There was this one time when I was young and naive, I saw people driving slow in the rain and being what seemed to me at the time, overly cautious. I found out that next year by hitting an oil slick on the road and spinning around 3 times on the interstate in rush hour traffic and nearly going 500 feet into a deep fall that, the people going slow were trying to prevent what I just did. I got my answer to my "why".


Be careful what you ask "why" about. You just might get the answer.